Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 5 tablespoons raw vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups tomato juice
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
The combination of ingredients in this soup seems unlikely but this version of gazpacho is truly delicious, a wonderful starter for a summer meal. The accompaniments – green onions and cucumber – are a must.
Mix vegetables, vinegar, oil and tomato juice in a bowl and let stand about 1 hour. Blend in batches in a food processor, adding water as needed to make a puree. Thin with water to desired consistency. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Chill well before serving. Serve with finely chopped green onion and finely diced cucumber.
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Summer 1995 | Volume 19, Number 2
Copyright © 1995 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide