Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Looking for a healthy alternative to gluten-filled side dishes at Thanksgiving? Try Price-Pottenger's Pumpkin Thai Soup.
Remember to always use organic ingredients whenever possible. If you must purchase canned goods, look for "BPA-free" on the label!
Makes 2 quarts (approx. 4 servings)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp butter from pastured cows
- 1 clover garlic, chopped or crushed
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped lemon grass
- 2 1/8 cups chicken stock (from pastured chickens)
- 4 cups peeled and diced (or 2-15 oz canned) pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and butter over low heat. Cook garlic, shallots, chilies, and lemongrass in oil until fragrant. Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin. Bring to a boil and cook until pumpkin softens.
- Allow soup to cool before next step. Soup can be warm but not hot.
- In a blender, blend the soup in batches until it is smooth and creamy.