Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
The Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation endorses and recommends a traditional diet of whole foods as one of the cornerstones to optimal health. In fact, one could argue that optimal health begins with a whole foods diet. But many of us will not be able to reverse nutrient deficiencies with a nutritious, non-inflammatory diet alone, which can prevent us from enjoying truly vibrant health. Why can’t a whole foods diet alone reverse ill health? Today’s polluted environment, stressful society, and prevalence of radiation from cell phones, televisions, and computers can deplete even the healthiest eater, leaving them in poor health. Even worse, your ancestors’ poor diets over the generations may have contributed to your ill health and nutrient deficiencies.
Most of us, through poor inheritance, are nutritional cripples; our need for nutrients is often greater than normal.
Granville F. Knight, MD, Founding President of the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation (originally the Weston A. Price Memorial Foundation), explained over 40 years ago why some people truly need to supplement. “Most of us, through poor inheritance, are nutritional cripples; our need for nutrients is often greater than normal.” PPNF recognizes the necessity of supplementation from high-quality sources as part of many individuals’ road back to optimal health. Check out the following reasons why YOU might need supplements:
- You have just started following the Price-Pottenger traditional foods diet because you are ill, and the addition of supplements will allow you to replenish nutrient stores and remedy the illness more efficiently than simply healthy food alone.
- Due to soil depletion, the pure, whole, organic food you are eating is not nearly as nutrient dense as the same type of food was 100 years ago.
- You unknowingly consume hybridized crops. Hybridizing crops may deplete them of nutrients over time, and even organic, non-GMO crops can be hybridized and nutrient deficient.
- Food is now grown to produce higher yields, withstand damage from long-distance shipping, and possess higher sugar content. The focus on convenience comes at the expense of nutrient density.
- You have followed the government-recommended daily allowances for nutrients, which have been shown to be inadequate to support vibrant health.
- Your body requires far more nutrients than your ancestors’ bodies required because it is exposed to a much higher level of electromagnetic and environmental pollution.
- You’ve had dozens of toxic vaccinations and are exposed to hundreds of household and industrial chemicals that overload the kidneys and liver. Your body requires a higher level of nutrients to detoxify from these poisons and repair it after being damaged by them.
- Most properly conducted studies that examine nutrient deficiencies in humans have found multiple deficiencies in everyone, regardless of the quality of their diet.
Remember, if you are wish to become truly healthy, it is imperative to begin with a high-quality diet. Supplementing is intended to complement a healthy diet. For more information on vitamins, minerals, and nutrient deficiencies, check out The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book by Shari Lieberman, PhD, CNS, FACN, and Nancy Bruning, MPH.