Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Object: To develop back, leg and perineal musculature.
1. Place 10 objects to right of door-way, 10 to left.
2. Stoop over, pick up an object on the right.
3. Stretch on tip-toe and place object on top of door.
4. Come to rest.
5. Pick up object on left.
6. Stretch, place object on top of door.
Repeat in rapid succession until all 20 objects are on the top of door.
This should produce perspiration.
Object: To develop back, leg and perineal musculature. (To be accomplished on run without stopping forward progression)
Scatter 25 small objects on the floor.
- Run forward at least 2 full paces.
- Bend straight forward (not to side) without stopping, bend right knee, retrieve object directly in front of right knee.
- Come to full erect position, take at least 2 full strides.
- Bend forward this time with left knee, retrieve object directly in front of left knee.
Come to full erect position, repeat until all 25 objects are retrieved.
Position 1. Lie Supine. Legs extended. Hands clasped on chest.
Position 2. Pull right knee to 90° angle.
Position 3. Return Leg to supine position, as in Position 1. Stretch.
Position 4. Pull leg to position 2. Hold knee flexed at 90°. Flex hip to 90° (position 4). Lower to position 2, then forcefully extend to position 3 and stretch.
Position 5. Bring leg first to Position 2, then to Position 4 and extend leg at knee to 180°. Bring leg back to Position 4 and drop to Position 2, then to Position 3, and stretch.
Position 6. Bring leg to Position 2, then Position 4, then Position 5, drop leg to Position 4. Clasp leg with hands and pull leg to chest. Return leg to Position 4, Position 5, back to Position 4, to position 2, to Position 3, and stretch.
Position 7. Repeat the cycle Position 1 through Position 6 and pull knee toward opposite shoulder and return.
Position 8. Go through full cycle with the opposite leg.
Position 9. Repeat the cycle with both legs at the same time.
Position 10. When legs are brought to chest, rotate pelvis from side to side, as shown in position 9.