Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: N/A
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely torn or chopped
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, coarsely chopped
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 small red pear, thinly sliced
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, toss greens together. Top with onions, pear, apple, cranberries, and pecans.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk juices, salt, and oil together or pulse in a blender. Pour over salad and serve.
Aimee McNew, BS, MNT, is a nutritionist, writer, and researcher. She’s currently pursuing a PhD in Integrative and Functional Nutrition and is the author of The Everything Guide to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. She specializes in nutrition for women’s issues, particularly high-risk pregnancy, postpartum disorders, and thyroid health. She can be found online at aimeemcnew.com.
Photo by Kaytee Lauren, LLC
Check out other recipes from Aimee:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Winter 2020 – 2021 | Volume 44, Number 4
Copyright © 2021 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide