Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups salmon or fish stock (with extra in reserve in case needed)
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 2-3 large or 1 bunch small carrots, diced
- 2 large or a dozen small potatoes, diced
- ½ head garlic, minced
- 8 ounces wild-caught smoked salmon
- 1 large or 3 small red peppers, roasted, seeded, and peeled; or 8-ounce jar of roasted red peppers
- Garlic powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 pint cream
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh dill, minced
- Butter for browning
- Melt butter in large pot and sauté onions, carrots, and potatoes until lightly browned. Add minced garlic at the end of the cooking process, being careful not to burn it.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over vegetables and mix well.
- Pour 2 cups of stock over vegetables and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Flake the smoked salmon into the soup and add lemon juice and parsley.
- Blend the red peppers and the cream until smooth, then add to the soup and heat through. If soup is too thick, add more stock until the proper consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with dill, and serve.
Chef Taylor Allen attended San Diego Culinary Institute where she acquired knowledge of traditional French cooking techniques. Taylor offers personal, in-home ancestral food preparation and real-food kitchen retrofits. She specializes in GAPS protocol as well as paleo and gluten- and casein-free meals.
Price-Pottenger members can read hundreds of additional articles on our website.
To become a member, click here.
Check out other recipes from Taylor Allen:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Winter 2019 – 2020 | Volume 43, Number 3
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide