Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- Bone broth (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter from grassfed cows
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche or heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Black truffle oil (optional)
- Place parsnips in a large pan and cover with water or bone broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer parsnips for 15-20 minutes until they are tender. Drain well in a colander.
- Return parsnips to pan. Add butter, crème fraîche or cream, Parmesan, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Purée mixture with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Just before serving, heat the purée in a warm oven for 15 minutes. Then sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, drizzle truffle oil over the top.
Chef Taylor Allen attended San Diego Culinary Institute where she acquired knowledge of traditional French cooking techniques. Taylor offers personal, in-home ancestral food preparation and real-food kitchen retrofits. She specializes in GAPS protocol as well as paleo and gluten- and casein-free meals.
Check out other Taylor Allen recipes:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Fall 2020 | Volume 44, Number 3
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide