Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
- 1½-2 cups milk of choice (whole, almond, cashew, oat, coconut), depending on how thick you want the pudding (less liquid results in thicker pudding)
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large or 2 medium oranges, zested and peeled
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 pomegranate, arils removed
- Thoroughly mix the milk, cream, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Puree the orange zest and sections together. Stir into the cream mix.
- Add the chia seeds and stir thoroughly. Chill for at least 30 minutes, preferably 8-12 hours.
- Spoon chia pudding into 4 bowls, top with pomegranate arils, and serve.
Aimee McNew, BS, MNT, is a nutritionist, writer, and researcher. She’s currently pursuing a PhD in Integrative and Functional Nutrition and is the author of The Everything Guide to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. She specializes in nutrition for women’s issues, particularly high-risk pregnancy, postpartum disorders, and thyroid health. She can be found online at aimeemcnew.com.
Photo by Kaytee Lauren, LLC
Check out other recipes from Aimee:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Winter 2020 – 2021 | Volume 44, Number 4
Copyright © 2021 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide