Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped
- 1-2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large oranges, zested, peeled, and separated into sections
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 5- to 6-ounce wild-caught salmon filets
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss vegetables, salt, pepper, and coconut oil together. Spread vegetables evenly on pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, purée the orange zest and sections with the coconut aminos. Set aside.
- Lay salmon filets side-by-side in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt to taste and then 1-2 tablespoons of the orange mixture. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the center is opaque.
- While the salmon cooks, stir the vegetables and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until fully softened. Serve together.
Aimee McNew, BS, MNT, is a nutritionist, writer, and researcher. She’s currently pursuing a PhD in Integrative and Functional Nutrition and is the author of The Everything Guide to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. She specializes in nutrition for women’s issues, particularly high-risk pregnancy, postpartum disorders, and thyroid health. She can be found online at aimeemcnew.com.
Check out other recipes from Aimee:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Winter 2020 – 2021 | Volume 44, Number 4
Copyright © 2021 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide