Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
These muffins are loaded with high-quality protein from pasture-raised eggs and grassfed collagen, healthy fats from nuts and grassfed butter, and low-glycemic natural sweeteners that won’t spike your blood sugar.
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts (or brazil nuts)
- 5 tablespoons grassfed collagen protein (unflavored)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¾ teaspoon Stevita Spoonable Stevia
- 2-3 tablespoons Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted grassfed butter
- Shredded grassfed cheese for topping (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients except for poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and combine well.
- Gently mix in poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into cupcake molds.
- Bake at 350° F for 15-18 minutes until cooked through. Towards the end of baking, top with shredded cheese if desired.
Note: I rarely use stevia in baked goods. but it tastes great when paired with very sour foods. Since these muffins contain freshed-squeezed lemon, I used stevia and monk fruit sweeteners and found it to be a wonderful combination.
Reprinted with permission from Beyond Nutrition: The Ultimate Cookbook for a Healthier & Higher-Quality Life by Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP.
About the Author
Ryan Kennedy is a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist who takes a holistic approach to helping his patients improve their health. He has helped thousands of people break free from fad diets and feelings of discouragement with the conventional approach. To learn more about his work, find him on [email protected] or on his website, www.ryan-kennedy.com.
Check out other recipes by Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP, CTN:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Spring 2020 | Volume 44, Number 1
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide