Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ pounds boned lamb shoulder, cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped into rounds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely minced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the spices until fragrant. Then add the onion and sauté 2-3 minutes more until it starts to turn translucent. Add the lamb, carrots, garlic, and ginger and sauté for a further 10-12 minutes. Add the raisins, water, coconut milk, and seasonings and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook on low for 30 minutes until the lamb and carrots are tender.
Check seasonings for taste, then stir in half the cilantro to wilt. Use the remaining cilantro for garnish.
From the book Methylation Diet and Lifestyle: Whole Being Support for Healthy Methylation and Epigenetic Expression by Kara Fitzgerald, ND, and Romilly Hodges, MS, CNS. Available as an ebook at www.drkarafitzgerald.com.
Become a member and check out other Kara Fitzgerald and Romilly Hodges recipes:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Summer 2018 | Volume 42, Number 2
Copyright © 2018 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide