Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 15 bars
Since packaged meat sticks can be both dry and very overpriced for the amount you get, I created my own version that is far cheaper, fresher, healthier, and tastier. These are handy to have around when in need of a quick meal.
- 1 pound ground grassfed meat (I used elk here, but beef works, too)
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Any other seasonings your heart desires (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220° F.
- Mix meat and all other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer meat mixture onto a 9×13 baking sheet and pack down so it’s spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 mins at 220° F, then drop temperature to 170° F and bake for another 2 hours.
- Allow to cool, cut into bars, and store in fridge.
Reprinted with permission from Beyond Nutrition: The Ultimate Cookbook for a Healthier & Higher-Quality Life by Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP.
About the Author
Ryan Kennedy is a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist who takes a holistic approach to helping his patients improve their health. He has helped thousands of people break free from fad diets and feelings of discouragement with the conventional approach. To learn more about his work, find him on [email protected] or on his website, www.ryan-kennedy.com.
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Spring 2020 | Volume 44, Number 1
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide