Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep Time: 6 minutes
This is hands down my favorite sauce! I use it on just about any savory food to amplify the flavor and increase the health benefits.
- 2 cups fresh basil (about 1 ounce)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-4 garlic cloves (or garlic powder to taste)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup freshly grated grassfed Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small)
- Salt, pepper, and fresh squeezed lemon to taste
- Place all the ingredients except the avocado in a food processor and mix well.
- Add the avocado and continue mixing until just combined.
- Store in an airtight container with a thin layer of olive oil on top of the pesto to preserve freshness.
Reprinted with permission from Beyond Nutrition: The Ultimate Cookbook for a Healthier & Higher-Quality Life by Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP.
About the Author
Ryan Kennedy is a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist who takes a holistic approach to helping his patients improve their health. He has helped thousands of people break free from fad diets and feelings of discouragement with the conventional approach. To learn more about his work, find him on [email protected] or on his website, www.ryan-kennedy.com.
Check out other recipes from Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP, CTN:
Price-Pottenger members can read hundreds of additional articles on our website.
To become a member, click here.
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Spring 2020 | Volume 44, Number 1
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide