Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nothing beats a warm homemade soup on a chilly day. This delicious curry recipe is loaded with healthy fats, high-quality protein, and copious amounts of anti-inflammatory vegetables and seasonings!
- 27 ounces coconut cream
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups full-fat, plain grassfed yogurt
- 6 cups bone broth (chicken or beef)
- 4 tablespoons grassfed ghee
- 1 pound 100% grassfed steak
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 4-5 celery stalk
- 7 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 fresh-squeezed lemon
- Add ghee to large pot over medium heat.
- Mince all vegetables and place in pot. Cover and cook until tender.
- Dice steak and add to pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring up to simmer. Cook until meat is done.
Reprinted with permission from Beyond Nutrition: The Ultimate Cookbook for a Healthier & Higher-Quality Life by Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP.
About the Author
Ryan Kennedy is a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist who takes a holistic approach to helping his patients improve their health. He has helped thousands of people break free from fad diets and feelings of discouragement with the conventional approach. To learn more about his work, find him on [email protected] or on his website, www.ryan-kennedy.com.
Check out other recipes from Ryan Kennedy, CCN, CFMP, CTN:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Spring 2020 | Volume 44, Number 1
Copyright © 2020 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide