Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
- ½-1 pound chicken livers
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tart apple
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Coconut oil or lard for sautéing
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Chop the onion and sauté it in a pan with the oil or lard over medium heat.
- While it’s cooking, chop the apple.
- Once the onion is cooked nearly to your liking (I like mine nicely browned), add the apple, chicken livers, and spices. Continue cooking until the livers are almost cooked through, with just a bit of pink inside.
- Put it in a food processor with the coconut milk and blend until smooth. This won’t take too long. Make sure it has enough salt, which will help bring out some sweetness in the apples.
- I typically put half in the freezer for later and half in the refrigerator. I will also eat it fresh with apple slices, but it does become more palatable after sitting in the refrigerator for a bit.
Reprinted from drkristenchiro.com/recipes.
About the Author
Kristen Mitteness, DC, is a chiropractor, Crossfit Level II Coach, and author of the self-published book The Ancestral Kitchen. Website: drkristenchiro.com.
More Favorite Holiday Recipes:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Winter 2021-22 | Volume 45, Number 4
Copyright © 2021 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide