Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, seeded and halved
- 2 pasture-raised eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roast butternut squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, crème fraîche, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Scoop roasted butternut squash into a large bowl. Slowly whisk in egg mixture until completely combined.
- Reduce oven to 375° F.
- Pour butternut squash into baking dish and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Chef Taylor Allen attended San Diego Culinary Institute where she acquired knowledge of traditional French cooking techniques. Taylor offers personal, in-home ancestral food preparation and real-food kitchen retrofits. She specializes in GAPS protocol as well as paleo and gluten- and casein-free meals.
Check out other Taylor Allen recipes:
Published in the Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing
Summer 2021 | Volume 45, Number 2
Copyright © 2021 Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc.®
All Rights Reserved Worldwide