Access to all articles, new health classes, discounts in our store, and more!
Does the idea of helping people to take control of their personal health excite you? We’re searching for a forward-thinking, smart, inquisitive and energetic communications innovator to help us expand our reach and grow customer connectivity. Our history provides us with a platform incomparable with other nutrition and health organizations; with your help we can reach our potential! This is a rare full-time opportunity to work independently and in partnership with our Executive Director, developing content for our website, email and social media channels. Your marketing ideas will play an important role in advancing the reputation, revenue and impact of PPNF. If you’re looking for an opportunity to apply your experience, grow as a marketer and most importantly, are enthusiastic to improve people’s lives, then we’d love to chat with you.
Website & Email:
- Research and develop website content and edit webpages in WordPress and Kajabi
- Email planning, content development, layout, list segmentation management and processing using MailChimp or equivalent email platform
- Technical support, assistance and advice in the design, development and implementation of website and email best practices
- Establish and manage nonprofit Google Grant SEM and Google analytics
- Research and develop new and existing content for increased engagement
- Plan, schedule, post and actively manage social media channels
- Develop and implement best practices to grow reach and engagement in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other relevant SM channels, e.g., Medium
- Curate industry news, publicize existing PPNF content and author new posts create for webpages, social media, email, blogs, Medium, etc.
- Research new story concepts and develop story ideas, curate industry events calendar and other online content in support of all owned media properties
- Manage graphic design for marketing materials
- Support the development of, and organize and administer online seminars and classes
- Develop content partnerships with related health and nutrition organizations
Research, Planning and Reporting:
- As a subject matter expert, actively research new developments and trends, and recommend creative solutions to advance our digital marketing connectivity
- Analyze and report on website, email, social media and Journal metrics, and lead SEO and SEM efforts to improve engagement and content performance
- Plan and organize activities, including content/editorial calendar, in Trello
Excellence: Demonstrates a standards-setting attention to detail in all activities
Innovation: Never satisfied with the status-quo; motivated to innovate and lead
Energetic: Self-directed and ambitious, comfortable operating independently, responding to immediate needs, and collaborating with a team
Authentic: Self-assured, transparent and effective in recommending new ideas, taking risk and communicating effectively
Easygoing: Emotionally intelligent, with a sense of humor and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations
Desired Education and Skill Areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or journalism; relevant, proven and transferrable skills in lieu of a degree will be considered
- 4+ years of experience in digital marketing including content development, web/graphic design, email marketing, social media and SEO
- Comfortable managing projects and budgets
- Capable communicator, including writing, editing and proofreading
- Able to work collaboratively, independently and with external partners
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as required for programs and special events
- Proficiency in WordPress, Kajabi, Adobe Suite, Google Analytics, Trello, Buffer, Plann, Mail Chimp (or equivalent) and Office 365
- Strong preference for training in nutrition and natural health, including awareness of and familiarity with strategies to counter online censorship
For almost 70 years the nonprofit Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation (PPNF) has inspired the public to obtain attain health through diet and nutrition research and advice. The namesake honors Weston A. Price, DDS, and Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., MD, who made groundbreaking observations connecting diet to health and chronic disease. From the original contributions of these early pioneers to those of current researchers, PPNF offers members and the public resources that empower people to change their life through health and nutrition. PPNF’s programs are backed by research of remote indigenous communities during the early 20th century and demonstrate how ancestral diets rich in whole, unprocessed foods are key to preventing chronic illnesses, physical degeneration, and other lifestyle-related health problems. We are a mission-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in San Diego. For more information, please visit: https://price–pottenger.org/.
PPNF’s media resources include its website, the quarterly Price-Pottenger Journal of Health and Healing, and two titles, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price, DDS, and Pottenger’s Cats: A Study in Nutrition by Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., MD. Members have online access to thousands of original and curated articles about nutrition, lifestyle and wellness.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity nonprofit committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our mission to advance health and wellness is an extension of our commitment to diverse communities founded upon Dr. Price’s research of indigenous communities worldwide in the early 20th century. We embrace this history and the diversity of our customers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a complete representation. As a small, growing nonprofit, the employee will also perform other duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor as required. Price-Pottenger reserves the right to modify job responsibilities as needed.
Compensation: $50,000 – $60,000 DOE, including benefits
Location: San Diego, CA (remote candidates considered)
To apply, please provide resume, letter of interest, and content samples to: [email protected]. Put Digital Marketing Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please.